Ask Us!


Select from FAQ dropdown?

Keyword Search
Displaying 51-60 of 147 results.
Leading QuestionCustom AnswerAnswer
How do I purchase books for a class?
Books and classroom materials can be purchased in person before the start of the course or on the first day of class. Bring a copy of your course schedule to purchase books. To learn more information about the college bookstore or to purchase books online visit the
How do I obtain a student metro bus pass
Students may purchase the Go To College Bus Pass at the Tuition Office at the beginning of each semester.
Bus passes are available to students at a reduced rate during the first few weeks of the semester. If purchased through Metro Transit the cost would be $175.00. With the College discount the cost is $140.00 to HTC. Thanks to the generosity of HTC's Alumni Foundation, they are absorbing 50% of the cost. Students may purchase the Go to College pass for $70.00 at HTC's Tuition Office. The Go to College Bus pass works for both bus services.  Passes are available for Summer students at a lower rate.

Brooklyn Park students should visit the Metro Transit website to route your trip and to get the latest bus schedule.

Metro Transit

Eden Prairie students should visit the SW Transit website  to route your trip and to get the latest bus schedule.

SouthWest Transit
How do I make an appointment with a counselor?Trained, experienced counselors are available to meet with students regarding a variety of issues.

The Counselors:

• Assist students and prospective students in obtaining information and resources necessary for attaining academic, career, and personal goals.

• Serve as a student advocate while upholding the academic integrity of the college.

• Insure that the college environment is beneficial to the educational and emotional development of students.

To schedule an appointment with a Counselor or Student Advisor contact the Admissions Office at 763-488-2547 (BPC) or 952-995-1451 (EPC).
How do I get into my school emailMy HennepinTech emailView
How do I get an official transcript of the courses that I have completed at HTC?Students wishing to obtain an official transcript must submit a Student Transcript Request Form to the HTC Records Department.  The transcript request form authorizes the release of confidential information.
How do I get a locker?
There are lockers available for students at no charge. Students must provide their own lock. To avoid having your lock removed students must register the locker number with the receptionist at the campus they are attending. 
If you have further questions, please contact the receptionist at your campus 952-995-1300.     
How do I get a copy of the classes I registered for?Login to your e-Services; your schedule is found under Courses & Registration> View & Modify Schedule.
How do I contact Security?
Call 911 for any emergency including medical assistance, fires, suspicious people or activities, crime reports, traffic accidents, or other illegal activities.

Campus security officers are available to assist you in protecting yourself by providing regular foot and/or vehicle patrols, and escort services. However, only you can protect yourself by being aware of your surroundings and taking appropriate steps in preventing crime from happening. Please click on the link below for information on campus security.
Campus Security
How do I apply for the Practical Nursing program?

The standard Admissions Process process is required of all HTC students. However, Practical Nursing students need to complete several prerequisite courses before applying to the Practical Nursing program. Here are the steps Practical Nursing students should follow:

Contact the Admissions or Counseling Office with questions. 763-488-2500

How do I apply for Financial Aid?The first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). HTC's school code number is 010491. The FAFSA must be completed every school year.

The next step is to submit additional paperwork to the school.  Students must check their financial aid status through e-Services to know what items are needed by the Financial Aid Office.

After the school receives all required paperwork, an award letter will be sent to the student.  The award letter shows the grants and loans the student has been awarded. 

The loan offered on the award letter is the Federal Stafford Loan. Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed before funds are released.

Entrance counseling is required the first time the student borrows through the Stafford Loan.  The MPN is required every academic year and summer semester.  

For more information about the financial aid application process visit Financial Aid.