Ask Us!


Select from FAQ dropdown?

Keyword Search
Displaying 21-30 of 147 results.
Leading QuestionCustom AnswerAnswer
How do I make an appointment with a counselor?Trained, experienced counselors are available to meet with students regarding a variety of issues.

The Counselors:

• Assist students and prospective students in obtaining information and resources necessary for attaining academic, career, and personal goals.

• Serve as a student advocate while upholding the academic integrity of the college.

• Insure that the college environment is beneficial to the educational and emotional development of students.

To schedule an appointment with a Counselor or Student Advisor contact the Admissions Office at 763-488-2547 (BPC) or 952-995-1451 (EPC).
Where is my email login?To access MyHennepinTech email account, choose the tab MyHennepinTech located on the HTC homepage.View
how many tickets do we get to commencementThere is no limit of graduation tickets.View
School Code for Financial AidThe Hennepin Technical College FAFSA School Code is: 010491View
How do I apply for Financial Aid?The first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). HTC's school code number is 010491. The FAFSA must be completed every school year.

The next step is to submit additional paperwork to the school.  Students must check their financial aid status through e-Services to know what items are needed by the Financial Aid Office.

After the school receives all required paperwork, an award letter will be sent to the student.  The award letter shows the grants and loans the student has been awarded. 

The loan offered on the award letter is the Federal Stafford Loan. Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed before funds are released.

Entrance counseling is required the first time the student borrows through the Stafford Loan.  The MPN is required every academic year and summer semester.  

For more information about the financial aid application process visit Financial Aid.

What is the Department of Education PIN and how do I get mine?The Department of Education PIN serves as your electronic signature for your FAFSA and your MPN (Master Promissory Note).  You may apply for a PIN at the FAFSA website.
How can I find a teachers email?The Directory will help you to locate a phone number for Faculty & Staff. Not all instructors have a phone number.  If there is not a phone number listed, you may email the instructor. In most cases, staff and faculty emails are the first initial of the person's first name followed by their last name and  (ie: Bob Smith would be

Faculty names are listed on the course schedules.
Brooklyn Park Course Schedule
Eden Prairie Course Schedule

For further information, contact HTC at 952-995-1300.
Does HTC offer computers for student use?The Student Computer Lab has computers for you to use while you are on campus. Student ID cards are required for use of the Student Computer Lab, & Library. The Student Computer Lab will issue students the Student ID card. Please bring a picture id and your schedule with you when you have your Student ID card made.View
How do I get an official transcript of the courses that I have completed at HTC?Students wishing to obtain an official transcript must submit a Student Transcript Request Form to the HTC Records Department.  The transcript request form authorizes the release of confidential information.
Staff Email Search the Faculty and Staff Directory to obtain a phone number or email address for any employee of Hennepin Technical College.