Applications for Spring Semester scholarships will be available in mid-December 2016. Please check back after December 5, 2016.
Scholarship Application Criteria:
- Complete the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid - available online at FAFSA Application
- Dream Act - For undocumented/DACA students - available online at Dream Act Application
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits and have a financial aid eligible major unless different criteria is indicated. Priority will be given to students taking 12 or more credits. Some scholarships require full-time status (12 or more credits).
- Scholarship recipients are required to meet and maintain all eligibility requirements including Satisfactory Academic Progress as described in the Catalog.
- Recipients do not have to be eligible for financial aid to be considered for a scholarship. Special consideration will be given to students who have received an award letter from HTC. The Hennepin Technical College Financial Aid code is 010491.
- HTC Foundation scholarships are included in the total financial aid award and may impact other forms of financial aid. Whenever possible, loan assistance is adjusted first. Work-study positions may also need to be adjusted when a scholarship is awarded.
- The selection committee may request verification of attendance, academic progress, and class standing from instructors.
- Scholarship awards are to be used for the current semester only, unless designated by donor as continuing scholarships.
- Scholarship awards will be used to offset the cost of tuition and fees and will be credited to the student’s tuition account. If the award is greater than the balance due, a check will be issued to the student.
- Decisions of the HTC Foundation Scholarship committee are final. The selection committee handles all application information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified through the U.S. mail of their award.
Types of Scholarships:
- Need-based – Recipients will be selected based on financial need and satisfactory progress being made in the program major.
- Merit-based – Recipients will be selected based on grade point average (GPA) and other specified criteria for each scholarship.
- Program specific – To be considered for program specific scholarships, applicants must be enrolled in and registered for courses in the program specified in the scholarship. Other criteria as indicated on the list of scholarships will be used for selection.
|Spring Semester 2017 Scholarship Time Line|
|Applications Available||Mid December 2016|
|Recommended FAFSA Filing Date|
|Online Applications Due|
|Recipient Notification Letters Mailed|
|RSVP due for Award Luncheon|
Last updated by lopem : 2016-11-21 12:05:48