Kick Start Your Future With a Career In Healthcare
This class is intended for those who have no experience and want to become employed as a Phlebotomy Technician in a clinical laboratory, medical clinic or public health department setting.
The course includes 48 hours of classroom training, 4 hours instruction, testing and current registration in CPR for Healthcare Providers, and an arranged clinical internship (from 60-100 hours, depending on the clinical site you are assigned) to provide you with a complete learning experience. The tuition cost includes textbooks and materials. Some internships require students to wear scrubs. Scrubs are not included in the tuition cost and students are responsible for purchasing their own scrubs.
You will be awarded 5.6 CEU's for the classroom portion and 1 additional CEU for every 10 hours of clinical practice, up to a maximum of 10 CEU's for the clinical portion.
This program was not designed to align with any specific licensing standard. Groups such as ASCP, AMT, ACA or other Phlebotomy Technician Certification programs have their own requirements for certification. Please contact them directly to inquire about their specific credentialing requirements.
- Phlebotomy equipment and procedures
- Blood collection by venipuncture and capillary punctures
- Basic anatomy as it relates to blood collection
- Safety procedures
- Professional ethics and liability
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
You must be able to stand most of an 8 hour shift and pass a Background Check.*
Documentation verified by a medical professional that all of the following immunizations are current:
If you do not have records of your vaccines or immunity, you will need to have a "titer test" or "immunity status testing" performed by your health care provider PRIOR to registration.
Please note, TB and/or titer testing cannot be completed in one visit to your clinic. The process may take multiple visits and up to one week to complete. Allow sufficient time to complete these tests prior to registration opening.
|2.||Before registering, you must pass the Phlebotomy Pretest to assess basic reading comprehension and listening skills. This multiple choice test takes approximately one hour. There is no fee for this Pretest. To schedule your pretest, call the HTC testing center at 952.995.1547 for Eden Prairie or 763.488.2590 for Brooklyn Park.|
Payment in full.
|Checklist||Phlebotomy Registration Checklist|
* Background Check: Minnesota Law requires that any person who provides services that involve direct contact with patients have a background study conducted by the state. An individual who is disqualified from having direct patient contact as a result of the background study, and whose disqualification is not set aside by the Commissioner of Health, will not be permitted to participate in a clinical placement in a Minnesota licensed health care facility. The college will withdraw any student who is disqualified by the Minnesota Department of Health. The student is responsible for requesting the Commissioner to reconsider the disqualification.
Last updated by admin : 2018-07-24 17:14:45