HTC FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Notification of Fall 2017 Semester Foundation scholarship recipients was sent via email on November 2. Please check your HTC email account. All recipients must complete, sign and return the Scholarship Terms and Condiditons and Release and Authorization attached to the notification email before the award will be applied to their account.
The Spring 2018 Semester Foundation scholarships application will be available starting Monday, November 13 at 11:00 am and will be due by 11:00 pm on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Scholarship Application Criteria:
- Complete the online scholarship application before Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:00 pm
- Complete the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid - available online at FAFSA Application or Dream Act - For undocumented/DACA students - available online at Dream Act Application
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits and have a financial aid eligible major unless different criteria is indicated. Some scholarships require full-time status (12 or more credits).
- Scholarship recipients are required to meet and maintain all eligibility requirements including Satisfactory Academic Progress as described in the Catalog.
- Recipients do not have to be eligible for financial aid to be considered for a scholarship. Special consideration will be given to students who have received an award letter from HTC. The Hennepin Technical College Financial Aid code is 010491.
- HTC Foundation scholarships are included in the total financial aid award and may impact other forms of financial aid. Whenever possible, loan assistance is adjusted first. Work-study positions may also need to be adjusted when a scholarship is awarded.
- The selection committee may request verification of attendance, academic progress, and class standing from the college.
- Scholarship awards are to be used for the current semester only, unless designated by donor as continuing scholarships.
- Scholarship awards will be used to offset the cost of tuition and fees and will be credited to the student’s tuition account. If the award is greater than the balance due, a check will be issued to the student.
- Decisions of the HTC Foundation Scholarship committee are final. The selection committee handles all application information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified via their college email of their award and must sign amd return a Scholarship Terms and Condiditons and Release and Authorization form before the scholarship is awarded. Recipients are also required to write a thank you note to the donor.
Types of Scholarships:
- Need-based – Recipients will be selected based on financial need and satisfactory progress being made in the program major.
- Merit-based – Recipients will be selected based on grade point average (GPA) and other specified criteria for each scholarship.
- Program specific – To be considered for program specific scholarships, applicants must be enrolled in and registered for courses in the program specified in the scholarship. Other criteria as indicated on the list of scholarships will be used for selection.
|Spring Semester 2018 Scholarship Time Line|
|Applications Available||November 13, 2017|
|FAFSA Due Date|
|Online Application Deadline||Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:00 pm|
|Applicants notified via HTC Email||Monday, January 29, 2018|
|RSVP due for Award Celebration||Monday, February 5, 2018|
Award Celebration and Breakfast
(scholarship recipients from both Fall 2017 and Spring 2018)
Thursday, February 22, 2018
7:30 am, Eden Prairie campus
Last updated by lopem : 2017-11-11 12:19:00