STUDENT LIFE BOARD
The Student Life Board is made up of students and staff members from the college. Their function is to support educational clubs and groups on campus. Upon receiving requests, the Student Life Board is responsible for disbursing student life fees to campus organizations for their activities. Student members of the board are selected by the campus Student Senate.
To request funding from the Student Life Board, complete the Student Life Board Funding Request. Clubs must complete this form to be considered for funding.
2016-17 Student LIfe Board Meetings
Meetings are held on Wednesdays at 1:15pm on the following dates:
|September 21, 2016||BP & EP H195|
|October 12, 2016||BP-H193 & EP-H195|
|November 16, 2016||BP-F125 & EP-H195|
|December 14, 2016||BP & EP H195|
|January 18, 2017||BP & EP H195||Meeting Canceled|
|February 8, 2017||BP & EP H195||Meeting Canceled|
|March 8, 2017||BP & EP H195|
April 12, 2017
(FY18 budget review)
|BP & EP H195|
April 19, 2017
(FY18 budget review)
|BP & EP F107|
|May 10, 2017||BP & EP H195|
Student Life Board Annual Funding Request Instructions for FY18
The Student Life Board (SLB) will be accepting requests from the student clubs for FY18 funding. Requests are due by April 1.
Requests must be submitted by:
- Completing the online Student Life Board Funding Request
- Emailing the Club Budget Worksheet or Senate Budget Worksheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the Student Life Board reviews your request, they will take the following into consideration:
- Student Senate participation. Clubs are expected to give monthly reports to the Student Senate about their club activities and to have representatives from the club attend Student Senate meetings.
- Fundraising activities
- Current fundraising balance
- Number of students the request will benefit.
- The Student Life Board wants to be good stewards of the funds available. Approximately $150,000 is available in the Student Life Board fund each year that is distributed to the Student Senates and active student clubs and organizations (dependent on number of credits sold). It is highly recommended that individual clubs not ask for more than $5,000 per year.
Each club will be asked to present their request to the Student Life Board on Wednesday, April 12 or Wednesday, April 19 (if needed). The club advisor will be contacted with the time your club is scheduled to present your request to the SLB. Each club will be given 7 minutes to present their request to the board and have 3 minutes to answer any questions from the board. Funding decisions will be released at the May Student Life Board meeting. Each advisor will be contacted with the amount that was approved and the funds will be made available on July 1, the start of the fiscal year.
For clubs to keep their funding in the fall, they must be an officially recognized club. Clubs must apply for this recognition each year and must do so by September 30. If the club is not recognized and was awarded funds, the funds will then be recaptured by the Student Life Board.
Clubs can request additional funding throughout the year if a need arises. Those requests will be reviewed at each month’s Student Life Board meeting.
Last updated by ssylvander : 2017-02-22 14:37:04