ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT TESTING - FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reading Comprehension: Measures a student's ability to understand what he/she has to read, identify main ideas and make inferences.
- Sentence Skills: Measure a students understanding of sentence structures.
- Arithmetic: Measures a student's abiltiy to performance basic arithmetic operations and concepts.
- Elementary Algebra: Measures a student's abiltiy to perform basic algebraic operations and concepts in intergers, rational numbers, algebraic expressions, equations, inequalities and word problems.
MN-Math Assesment for College Level Math Placement: Measures a student's abiltiy to perform college-level mathematics concepts in linear equations, inequalities, functions, solving and graphing quadratics equations, polynominals, rational and exponential expressions, and radical equations.
No handheld calculators are permitted during all Math Test.
- Computer Literacy: Basic computer skills in Windows 8 and Office 2013. If required for your program, computer literacy skills will be assessed.
- Keyboarding: Typing assesment to meaure Net Words per minute. If required for your program, keyboarding skills will be assessed.
ACCUPLACER study information
You may be exempt from taking all or portions of the placement test for the following reasons:
Completed qualifying Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) with minimum scores as shown below:
- Reading: 1047 (expires after 5 years)
- College Algebra: 1158 (expires after 5 years)
- Statistics: 1148 (expires after 5 years)
- Liberal Arts Mathematics: 1150 (expires after 5 years)
** MCA scores recorded on a High School Transcript will also be accepted.
Completed qualifying ACT / SAT scores as shown below:
- English: 18+ / 480+ (expires after 5 years)
- Reading: 21+ / 480+ (expires after 5 years)
Mathematics: 22+ / 530+ (expires after 5 years)
- Completed ACCUPLACER Math Tests within the last two years
- Completed ACCUPLACER Reading and Sentence Skills Tests within the last three years.
**You may email unofficial ACT/SAT/MCA scores or ACCUPLACER results to Testing@hennepintech.edu
- Received an Associate or Baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college.
Completed college level course work at U.S. College with a "C" or better in any of the following academic areas: reading, writing, mathematics, or computer literacy
- **Email unofficial college transcripts and/or ACT/SAT scores to Transfer@hennepintech.edu
- **Mail official college transcripts in a sealed envelope from the college to:
Hennepin Technical College
13100 College View Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Hennepin Technical College Staff may email Test Waiver results to students upon review of official or unofficial U.S. college transcripts, or ACT/SAT/MCA score reports.
Documentation from an appropriate licensed medical practitioner or agency may be required before accommodations can be arranged. There is no fee for this service. Students who need testing accommodations must schedule testing arrangements with the Disability Services Coordinator. Please visit Disability Services for contact information.
- You must bring a Photo ID to your appointment
- If you've received an HTC Test Waiver Checklist, you may bring it with you
The testing office is located in Room H140 at both campuses.
If you can't make it to HTC to take the placement test, here are some other possible options:
- Find a local Community College willing to proctor the exam. Please contact the HTC Testing Center at either campus at 952-995-1300 or Testing@HennepinTech.edu one to two weeks in advance to set up testing with the local Community College. Proctor fees may apply, which is the responsibility of the student.
- Virtual proctoring with B Virtual. This requires a quiet, undisturbed testing environment, strong internet access and a webcam. Please contact the HTC Testing Center at either campus at 952-995-1300 or Testing@HennepinTech.edu to set up your B Virtual account. A $25.00 proctor fee applies, which is the responsibility of the student.
NOTE: With either of these options, we will set up a phone or Skype appointment for you with an HTC Advisor after testing has been completed.
Schedule Your ACCUPLACER Placement Test
Have you applied to Hennepin Technical College?
Don't see a time that works for you? We have options...
- A limited number of walk-in testing seats are available on a first come/first serve basis. First Apply to the College and bring your student ID #.
- Testing with an online Proctor 24/7 is available with B Virtual ($25 fee). Please email us for requirements so we can set you up for virtual testing! (Please allow 1-2 weeks for setup)
- Contact us - we will help you figure it out! Testing@HennepinTech.edu or 952-995-1300
- Are you an HTC student and need a Testing Voucher to test at an Institution near you? Contact us: Testing@HennepinTech.edu or 952-995-1300 (Please allow 1-2 weeks for setup)
- Do you have a Testing Voucher from another Institution? Email us for an appointment: Testing@HennepinTech.edu
- NON-HTC student...need Accuplacer Placement Testing? Contact your Institution to set up a testing voucher.
Last updated by mvang : 2018-05-22 13:42:00