PLACEMENT TESTING - ACCUPLACER
You must apply to the college before you schedule testing.
- Reading: You will be asked to read a passage and then answer several questions about the passage.
- Writing: You will be asked to evaluate grammar in a series of sentences.
Mathematics: This portion measures your understanding of arithmetic through problem solving. Skills in operations of whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages. Ratios, measurement, and geometry will be assessed.
No handheld calculators are permitted.
- Computer Literacy: If required for your program, computer literacy skills will be assessed.
- Keyboarding: If required for your program, keyboarding skills will be assessed.
ACCUPLACER study information
You may not be required to take the entire placement test for the following reasons:
- Completed the ACT test within the last two years and achieved the following sub scores; Reading - 21, Writing - 18, Math - 22.
- Received an Associate or Baccalaureate degree
- Completed comparable tests within the last three years
- Completed college coursework with a "C" or better in any of the three academic areas.
For transcript evaluation, please have an official transcript sent to HTC Transfer Center. Placement testing may be waived by a counselor/advisor upon evaluation of unofficial transcripts.
Documentation from an appropriate licensed medical practitioner or agency may be required before accommodations can be arranged. There is no fee for this service. Students who need testing accommodations must schedule testing arrangements with the Disability Services Coordinator. Please visit Disability Services for contact information.
Schedule Your ACCUPLACER Placement Test
Have you applied to Hennepin Technical College?
Last updated by lgoff : 2015-09-29 14:21:32