APPLY FOR AID
To apply for financial aid complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application is free. Beware of sites requesting payment to file the application. Make sure you are on http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the FAFSA you will need:
- A federal FSA ID from the Department of Education. Parents of dependent students will also need a federal FSA ID if they wish to sign electronically. For help with creating the FSA ID, watch this video or click here to Create an FSA ID
- All income records, including but not limited to, your federal tax return, W-2s, SSI, VA Benefits, etc) for two years prior to the school year you are applying for aid.
- Dependent students will need to provide parents’ income records, SSN and DOB.
- If you (and your parents) filed a tax return, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer your federal income tax information from the IRS to your FAFSA. Watch this video about using the DRT on your FAFSA.
- HTC's school code is 010491, this code will allow the FAFSA information to be sent to HTC. We have one code for our Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie locations.
- A FAFSA on the Web Worksheet (English) or (Spanish) is available to help you gather your information before starting the FAFSA.
School Code: 010491
We are here to help you fill out the FAFSA, just attend a Financial Aid Help Session. Sessions are offered twice a week at both campuses. Registration for a session is required and you must arrive a few minutes before the sessions starts to allow enough time to complete your FAFSA.
If you're not able to attend a session at HTC, the following options are available:
After completing the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education. The SAR is a summary of the answers you provided on the FAFSA. If you need to make a correction log on to your FASFA or contact our office.
The college receives the FAFSA results 3-5 business days after you submit it. Watch for an email from HTC that will inform you to log on to eServices to view the status of your financial aid. To utlitize eServices you'll need a StarID. If you don't have one, apply for admission to HTC and then activate your StarID.
Financial Aid Award Information
Once all the necessary information is submitted to the Financial Aid Office, an email notification will be sent to you to let you know you can view your award information online through eServices.
Last updated by ssylvander : 2018-06-07 14:29:32