APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
To complete the FAFSA you will need:
- A federal PIN from the Department of Education to be able to sign electronically. Parents of dependent students will also need a federal PIN if they wish to sign electronically.
- All income records, including but not limited to, your federal tax return, W-2s, SSI, VA Benefits, etc) for the previous calendar year to the school year you are applying for aid.
- Dependent students will need to provide parents’ income records, SSN and DOB.
- If you (and your parents) filed a tax return, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer your federal income tax information from the IRS to your FAFSA. Watch this video about using the DRT on your FAFSA.
- HTC's school code is 010491, this code will allow the FAFSA information to be sent to HTC. We have one code for our Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie locations.
- A FAFSA on the Web worksheet is available to help you gather your information before starting the FAFSA.
Need Help?We're here to help you fill out the FAFSA, just attend one of our FAFSA Complete Sessions. We offer these session Wednesday mornings and Thursday afternoons at both campuses. Registrations for a session is required and you must arrive during the first hour of the session to allow enough time to complete your FAFSA.
After completeing the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education. The SAR is a summary of the answers you provided on the FAFSA. If you need to make a correction log on to your FASFA or contact our office.
The school recieves the FAFSA results 3-5 business days after you submit it. When we recieve it we'll send an email to you letting you know to log on to eServices to view the status of your financial aid. To utlitize eServices you'll need a StarID. If you don't have one, apply for admission to HTC (it's free) and then activate your StarID.
Your award letter lists the amounts of grants, work study and loans for which you qualify.
The grants apply to your account automatically, depending on the number of credits you are registered for.
There are extra steps that are required for both loans and work study, see the pages on each for more detailed information.
Last updated by bscheffler : 2015-03-10 11:27:27