ADVISING & SCHEDULE PLANNING
What is Advising Month?
It is a time to...
- Plan Your Next Semester
- Connect with your Faculty Advisor and/or Enrollment Advisor
- Add courses to your Wish List
- Register for courses in your Wish List when your Registration Window/Date and Time opens up for you
- Plan for GRADUATION
- Meet, Greet, and Seek Information
- October 1 - 31: Spring Course Registration Advising
- March 1 - 30: Summer/Fall Course Registration Advising
Advising Month Events (What's Poppin') - Stop by for more information regarding Advising Month Events and Registration.
Brooklyn Park Campus:
- Tuesday, Oct 03, 2017: What's Poppin' - Spring Schedule is Here! (11:30am - 12:30pm)
- Monday, Oct 16, 2017: What's Poppin' - Load Your Wishlist! (11:30am - 12:30pm)
Eden Prairie Campus:
- Tuesday, Oct 03, 2017: What's Poppin' - Spring Schedule is Here! (12:00pm - 1:00pm)
- Monday, Oct 16, 2017: What's Poppin' - Load Your Wishlist! (12:00pm - 1:00pm)
Extended Walk-In Advising Hours - No Appointment Necessary!
Brooklyn Park Enrollment Services
Monday, October 23 - Friday, November 03, 2017
- Monday - Thursday from 8:00am - 12:45pm and 2:00pm - 5:15pm
- Friday from 8:00am - 12:45pm and 2:00pm - 3:15pm
- Monday, October 23 - Friday, November 03, 2017
Eden Prairie Enrollment Services
Monday, October 23 - Friday, October 27, 2017
- Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 12:45pm and 2:00pm - 4:30pm
- Monday, October 23 - Friday, October 27, 2017
Monday, October 30 - Friday, November 03, 2017
- Monday - Thursday from 9:00am - 12:45pm and 2:00pm - 5:30pm
- Friday from 8:00am - 12:45pm and 2:00pm - 4:30pm
Don't Miss Out! Meet with an Advisor & get registered for Spring.
Brooklyn Park Student Lounge
- Wednesday, November 8 from 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Saturday, November 11 from 10:00am - 1:00pm
Eden Prairie Student Lounge
Wednesday, November 15 from 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday, November 15 from 11:00am - 1:00pm
Is your program major current on your student record?
An important part of developing a graduation plan is utilizing the Interactive Degree Audit Report (DARS). For DARS to be useful to you, it is important to make sure your major is up-to-date in your academic record. If it is not, submit a Change of Major eForm.
Who is your Faculty Advisor?
One of the reasons it is important to make sure your major is up-to-date is because your faculty advisor is assigned based on your major.
You can find out who your faculty advisor is by:
- Going to eServices
- Click on Courses & Registration
- Click View/Modify Schedule
- At the top left of the page, your Program Major and Faculty Advisor will be listed
See your Faculty Advisor if you are currently enrolled in at least one technical (program) course.
See your Enrollment Advisor if you are currently:
- Not enrolled in any technical program courses
- Enrolled in general education courses only
- Enrolled in Pre-LPN, Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical Assistant coursework
- Enrolled in any prerequisites for your technical programs
Advising Session Schedule
Check with your program faculty advisor for your advising session date and time.
Current students are encouraged to meet with their faculty advisor for academic advising during Advising Month to prepare for the upcoming semester and plan their next semester's schedule. Maintaining regular contact with your program faculty advisor is important to your success!
Faculty advisors provide assistance in:
- planning a program of study consistent with the students' educational and employment objectives
- selecting courses
- clarifying college policies and procedures
- interpreting graduation requirements
- overcoming barriers to their educational success
Students are encouraged to meet with their program faculty advisor several times each semester.
All students with a declared major are encouraged to meet with their faculty advisor during Advising Month. Students who have not declared a major receive advising services from enrollment advisors.
Bring the Following Items to Your Advising Session:
TRANSCRIPT (ACADEMIC RECORD)
The advising transcript is a computer-generated transcript for students, which covers the student's HTC course history including transfers, test-outs, and assessment scores.
COURSE SCHEDULE PLANNER
The Course Scheduling Worksheet is a tool to help students plan their course schedule.
DARS (Degree Audit Reporting System)
DARS is a computer generated degree progress report for students. The audit lists the college award requirements and helps the student plan and monitor progress toward graduation.
ACADEMIC PLANNING GUIDE
Academic Planning Guides are used to help students choose and register for courses in a specific sequence. If you have received a personalized academic planning guide, it may be helpful to bring it to your advising session as well.
APPLICATION FOR AWARD
Application for Award forms should be submitted one semester prior to graduating. Students will be considered for priority registration if the form is submitted by the designated deadline and they have 18 credits or less left to complete within their major.
Last updated by ttigue : 2017-11-01 12:59:19