STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Student Ambassadors are a group of select students who are dedicated to positively representing Hennepin Technical College (HTC) as orientation & registration leaders, campus visit guides, peer mentors, representatives at outreach efforts, and assistants in the planning and execution of student life activities and events.
*We are currently not accepting applications. Please check back in the fall for possible open positions.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Completed at least one semester at HTC are encouraged to apply.
- Be in good standing with the college.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work accurately, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule.
- Good organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present or speak in front of large and small groups including prospective and current students, parents, faculty, staff, etc.
- Serve as a new student orientation leader at new student orientation sessions.
- Manage the Student Life Center; assisting clubs and organizations, and student population.
- Lead campus tours and staff resource tables.
- Assist campus departments with activities.
- Plan weekly events in the Student Life Center.
- Be knowledgeable of all academic resources offered on each campus and know when to refer students in order to seek additional assistance.
- Work collaboratively with HTC staff, faculty, and other Student Ambassadors.
- Participate in Student Success Day. (Note: Student Success Day will be unpaid hours.)
- Attend all Student Ambassador training dates.
- Serve as a peer mentor for designated peer mentor groups.
Student Ambassadors are paid $11 an hour on a bi-weekly basis. Students are required to fill out the FAFSA in order to see if they qualify for work study. However, you do not need to qualify for work study to be hired as a Student Ambassador. Note: International students are not required to complete the FAFSA.
Required Time Commitments
The Student Ambassador Program is a unique student employment position that requires specific time commitments. Each of these time commitments are listed below, and each serve a specific purpose. These time commitments must be taken seriously and attended in order for you, your Ambassador team, and the Student Life staff to be successful in our positions:
Work Hours: Student Ambassadors are expected to work approximately 20 hours each week (Student Ambassadors will not work during breaks). Work hours will be determined after the candidates have been selected.
Meetings: Student Ambassadors will also be expected to attend team meetings bi-weekly beginning at the start of the semester. These meetings are required and will be scheduled after the candidates have been selected.
Training:The first training will be on Friday, September 5 from 12 noon - 4:30 p.m.. Training is mandatory for all Ambassadors. Additional retreats/trainings will be scheduled throughout the year.
Special Events: Attend Student Sucess Day (unpaid hours) and other events as assigned.
Graduation: Student Ambassadors must work graduation May 19, 2015 unless student has class.
If you have questions please contact Melissa Rach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated by jlauritsen : 2015-06-02 21:25:52