STUDENT EXPERIENCE TEAM
The Student Experience Team is a group of select students who are dedicated to positively representing Hennepin Technical College (HTC) as peer mentors, representatives at outreach efforts, assistants in the planning and execution of student life activities and events.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Be in good standing with the college
- Completed at least one semester at HTC
- Student must have filled out the FAFSA
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Manage the Student Life Center; assisting student clubs and current students.
- Plan weekly events in the Student Life Center.
- Plan small and large college wide events.
- Assist campus departments with activities.
- Be knowledgeable of academic resources offered on each campus and know when to refer students in order to seek additional assistance.
- Work collaboratively with HTC staff, faculty, and Student Experience Team.
- Participate in Student Success Initiatives.
- Attend all training dates.
- Serve as a peer mentor.
Student Experience Team Leaders are paid $11 an hour on a bi-weekly basis. Students are required to fill out the FAFSA.
Required Time Commitments
The Student Experience Team Leader is a unique student employment position that requires specific time commitments. Each of these time commitments are listed below, and each serve a specific purpose. These time commitments must be taken seriously and attended in order for you, your Ambassador team, and the Student Life staff to be successful in our positions:
- Work Hours: Student Experience Team Leaders are expected to work approximately 15-20 hours each week, with occassional weekends as needed (Student Experience Team Leaders will not work during breaks). Work hours will be determined after the candidates have been selected.
- Meetings: Student Experience Team Leaders will also be expected to attend team meetings bi-weekly beginning at the start of the semester. These meetings are required and will be scheduled after the candidates have been selected.
- Training: Training is mandatory for all Student Experience Team Leaders. Additional retreats/trainings will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Special Events: Attend Student Sucess Day (unpaid hours) and other events as assigned.
- Graduation: Must work graduation May 18, 2017 (unless walking in graduation).
If you have questions please contact Melissa Rach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated by bhucka : 2016-05-25 08:41:54