HTC is proud to celebrate Black History Month
Black History Month is an annual celebration of achievements by African Americans and a time for recognizing their central role in U.S. history. The 2022 theme is “Black Health and Wellness,” and acknowledges the legacy of not only Black scholars and medical practitioners in Western medicine, but also other ways of knowing (e.g., birth workers, doulas, midwives, naturopaths, herbalists, etc.) throughout the African Diaspora. (Source: Black History Month from history.com)
Black History and CTE Month Events @ HTC and in the Community
- ON-CAMPUS EXHIBIT: Black Ingenuity: Past, Present, and Future Innovators features Blacks in Minnesota who made an impact in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields from the Minnesota African American Heritage Museum and Gallery.
- February 1-11: Student Commons, Eden Prairie Campus
- February 14-28: Student Commons, Brooklyn Park Campus
- ONLINE EVENT: Black Joy: Strategies for Improving Mental and Physical Health features an expert panel discussing tips and practices including mental health therapy, community health care resources, holistic approaches, healthy eating, life coach lessons, and self-care. Sponsored by the Minnesota African American Heritage Museum and Gallery.
- February 24, 5:00-7:00 PM, via Zoom. More details are in the link above and on Facebook.
- ON-CAMPUS EVENT: Hands On Learning and High Demand Careers in CTE - High school students from Robbinsdale Highview Academy and Osseo Area Learning Center will learn about CTE programs in Advanced Manufacturing, Health Science, and Information Technology.
- February 16, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Brooklyn Park Campus. More details about CTE Month at HTC here.
- COMMUNITY EVENTS: Black History Month - The City of Saint Paul and Ramsey County are hosting weekly events. More details here.