Hennepin Technical College (HTC) is committed to providing an educational environment in which we demonstrate care and concern for one another. The Campus Assessment, Referral, and Education (CARE) Team is designed to assist you in responding to students in distress and to provide you important campus and community resources.
The purpose of the CARE team is for you to be able to alert us of students whose behaviors are causing significant concern for their own well-being or the safety of others. CARE team members will use your information to provide assistance and connect students to resources. The team manages each case individually and uses a proactive approach to select appropriate interventions.
To enhance the physical and emotional safety of students, faculty, and staff in order to support HTC's educational environment.
To coordinate communication, assessment, and intervention for behaviors exhibited by members of the HTC community which, if left unaddressed, could impact our educational environment.
- Provide a designated referral point for behaviors of concern.
- Collect input from multiple sources.
- Offer resources/referrals to students to better meet their needs and contribute to their success at HTC and in life.
- Assess potential disruption, threats, and violence utilizing a standard based process for evaluation and intervention.
- Minimize or eliminate disruption to the teaching-learning process, and college operations through early identification, intervention, and support.
Last updated by ssylvander : 2016-11-17 15:22:48