young man on campus

Get Started

Follow the steps below to enroll at Hennepin Technical College.

  1. Apply for Admission

    • New students may submit their high school transcript or GED certificate to Enrollment Services.
    • Transfer students from previously attended non-Minnesota State system colleges should submit their college transcript(s).
    • Visiting students can register for courses online without submitting a college application.

Apply Now

More Information: International | Law Enforcement, Peace Officer & Public Safety | PSEO | Transfer

  1. Paying for College

    • Financial aid is available for students who qualify. Access to grants, loans, scholarships, and/or work study begins by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
    • Please apply early to allow time for processing.
    • Students must have a high school diploma, GED, or its equivalent, and declare an eligible major, in order to receive Federal Title IV financial aid funds. The student must certify that they have received a high school diploma or GED.
    • Hennepin Technical College's FAFSA School Code is 010491.

FAFSAFAFSA Q & AScholarships

More Information: Financial Aid | Payment Options | Tuition & Fees | Veterans

  1. Complete Placement Testing

    • Schedule your ACCUPLACER placement testing appointment.
    • You may be exempt from some or all of your placement tests under certain conditions or have previously taken college courses. See Testing Exemptions.

Placement Testing

  1. Complete New Student Orientation

    • Once your placement testing requirements have been met, you are ready for New Student Orientation.

New Student Orientation

  1. Register for Classes

    • When you have completed the steps above, you are ready to register for classes!


More Information: Degrees & Programs | eServices