LAW ENFORCEMENT APPLICATION CHECKLIST
-The application deadline for Fall 2015 was 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2015.
-Applicants to the Professional Licensing Program in Law Enforcement will be notified of their status approximately 30 days after the application deadline
Applicants must follow the requirements below in order to apply for the Professional Licensing Program in Law Enforcement:
1. Check to see if you meet the minimum admission standards and comply with Board of Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Rules before you start the application process. If you do not meet ALL of the minimum admission requirements**, you are not eligible to apply.
NOTE: A valid Drivers License must be maintained during the "skills" portion (second semester) of the licensing program to successfully complete the program.
2. Review the Prerequisite Courses list and compare it to the classes you have taken.
NOTE: All nine (9) prerequisite courses must be completed prior to starting the Professional Licensing Program. If, after reviewing the prerequisite courses list, you are unsure whether the courses you've taken at another college meet the prerequisite criteria, contact the Law Enforcement Education Center (LEEC).
3. Apply online to Hennepin Technical College (HTC). The general college eApplication must be submitted online within the appropriate application date ranges. (You do not have to reapply to HTC if you have applied within the last year.)
For Fall Semester Admission, apply between March 15 - May 1
For Spring Semester Admission, apply between August 15 - October 1
NOTE: Apply as a Transfer Student to the Brooklyn Park Campus, and select the "Law Enforcement / Certificate" major under the Educational Intent section of the online application. Do Not choose Summer Semester when applying.
When you apply to HTC, you will be asked to activate your StarID. You will use StarID to login to your eServices account, etc.
4. Set up your my.HennepinTech email account as soon as possible after you submit the online college application.
NOTE: Further instructions and notifications will be sent to this student email address.
Contact the HTC Computer Lab If you need assistance with your student email account.
5. Submit Official college transcripts with prerequisite courses to HTC for verification. HTC must receive the official college transcripts by the application deadline date. (Placement testing will be waived.)
HTC will retrieve official Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) transcripts electronically, free of charge, upon receipt of your online college application.
You must contact each Non-MnSCU college where you have taken prerequisite courses to request an official transcript be sent to: Hennepin Technical College Transfer Center, 13100 College View Dr., Eden Prairie, MN 55347
NOTE: If you are currently enrolled (Non-MnSCU College) in a prerequisite course at the time of application, you must contact the college directly to request ANOTHER official transcript when new grades are available.
6. Complete and submit the LAW ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM APPLICATION to the Law Enforcement Education Center (LEEC) within the application deadline dates. Application must be typed. Signatures must be original (no electronic signatures).
The Program Application Form for Fall Semester admission is available online between March 15 - May 1.
The Program Application Form for Spring Semester admission is available online between August 15 - October 1.
Send the completed and signed program application packet to: Law Enforcement Education Center, 9110 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Park MN 55445-2410
7. Contact the Law Enforcement Education Center (LEEC) if you have questions about admission to the Law Enforcement Professional Licensing Program.
|IF YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND LATER DECIDE NOT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PROFESSIONAL LICENSING PROGRAM APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT THE LAW ENFORCEMENT EDUCATION CENTER at 763-657-3700|
**United States citizenship is not required for admission to the program, however, it is required before being hired by a law enforcement agency.
Last updated by ahaider : 2015-05-01 16:03:20