LAW ENFORCEMENT APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- The application process for Spring Semester 2018 begins July 15. The application deadline is 4:00 p.m. on October 1. Applicants to the Law Enforcement Program will be notified by email of their admisson status approximately 30 days after the application deadline date.
Applicants must follow the requirements below in order to apply for HTC's Professional Peace Officer Education (PPOE) Program:
1. Check to see if you meet the minimum admission standards and comply with Board of Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Rules before you start the application process. If you do not meet ALL of the minimum admission requirements**, you are not eligible to apply.
NOTE: A valid Drivers License must be maintained during the "skills" portion (second semester) of the licensing program to successfully complete the program.
2. Review the Prerequisite Courses list and compare it to the classes you have taken.
NOTE: All nine (9) prerequisite courses must be completed prior to starting HTC's Professional Peace Officer Education (PPOE) Program. If, after reviewing the prerequisite courses list, you are unsure whether the courses you've taken at another college meet the prerequisite criteria, contact the HTC Law Enforcement program.
3. Apply online to Hennepin Technical College (HTC) within the appropriate application date ranges. (You do not have to reapply to HTC if you have applied within the last year; however, you must submit another Law Enforcement application.)
For Fall Semester Admission, apply between February 15 - May 1
For Spring Semester Admission, apply between July 15 - October 1
*NOTE: Apply as a Transfer Student to the Brooklyn Park Campus, and select the "Law Enforcement / Certificate" major under the Educational Intent section of the online application. Do Not choose Summer Semester when applying.
When you apply to HTC, you will be asked to activate your StarID. You will use StarID to login to your eServices account, etc.
4. Set up your my.HennepinTech email account as soon as possible after you submit the online college application.
Further instructions and notifications will be sent to this student email address. NOTE: You can login to your student email with StarID, but your email address does not begin with your StarID. You may look up your HTC email address when you set up your HTC email account. Click on link above, then choose "Email Setup." Be sure to write your HTC email address in the designated area on the Law Enforcement application.
Contact the HTC Computer Lab If you need assistance with your student email account.
5. Submit Official college transcripts with prerequisite courses to HTC for verification. HTC must receive the official college transcripts by the application deadline date. (Placement testing will be waived.)
HTC will retrieve official Minnesota State College transcripts electronically, free of charge, upon receipt of your online college application.
You must contact each Non-Minnesota State college where you have taken prerequisite courses to request an official transcript be sent to: Hennepin Technical College Transfer Center, 13100 College View Dr., Eden Prairie, MN 55347
NOTE: If you are currently enrolled (Non-Minnesota State College) in a prerequisite course at the time of application, you must contact the college directly to request ANOTHER official transcript when new grades are available.
6. Complete and submit the LAW ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM APPLICATION. Application must be typed. Signatures must be original (no electronic signatures). Return application to HTC's Law Enforcement program within the application deadline dates. Application to the program does not guarantee placement.
The Program Application Packet for Fall Semester admission is available online between February 15 - May 1.
The Program Application Packet for Spring Semester admission is available online between July 15 - October 1.
Send the completed and signed program application packet to: Hennepin Technical College, Law Enforcement Program, 9110 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Park MN 55445-2410
7. Contact HTC's Law Enforcement program if you have questions about admission to the Professional Peace Officer Education (PPOE) Program.
|IF YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND LATER DECIDE NOT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PROFESSIONAL PEACE OFFICER EDUCATION PROGRAM APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT HTC's LAW ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM AT 763-657-3700|
**United States citizenship is not required for admission to the program, however, it is required before being hired by a law enforcement agency.
Last updated by ahaider : 2017-07-21 10:53:14