ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT TESTING - FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reading: You will be asked to read a passage and then answer several questions about the passage.
- Writing: You will be asked to evaluate grammar in a series of sentences.
Mathematics: This portion measures your understanding of arithmetic through problem solving. Skills in operations of whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages. Ratios, measurement, and geometry will be assessed.
No handheld calculators are permitted.
- Computer Literacy: If required for your program, computer literacy skills will be assessed.
- Keyboarding: If required for your program, keyboarding skills will be assessed.
ACCUPLACER study information
You may be exempt from taking all or portions of the placement test for the following reasons:
Completed qualifying Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) with minimum scores as shown below:
- Reading: 1047 (expires after 5 years)
- College Algebra: 1158 (expires after 5 years)
- Statistics: 1148 (expires after 5 years)
- Liberal Arts Mathematics: 1150 (expires after 5 years)
**Official MCA scores must be requested through your High School. MCA scores recorded on an official High School Transcript will also be accepted. Do not email MCA scores to HTC.
Completed qualifying ACT / SAT scores as shown below:
- English: 18+ / 480+ (expires after 5 years)
- Reading: 21+ / 480+ (expires after 5 years)
Mathematics: 22+ / 530+ (expires after 5 years)
- Completed ACCUPLACER Math Tests within the last two years
- Completed ACCUPLACER Reading and Sentence Skills Tests within the last three years.
**You may email unofficial ACT/SAT scores or ACCUPLACER results to Testing@hennepintech.edu
- Received an Associate or Baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college.
Completed college level course work at U.S. College with a "C" or better in any of the following academic areas: reading, writing, mathematics, or computer literacy
- **Email unofficial college transcripts and/or ACT/SAT scores to Transfer@hennepintech.edu
- **Mail official college transcripts in a sealed envelope from the college to:
Hennepin Technical College
13100 College View Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Hennepin Technical College Staff may email Test Waiver results to students upon review of official or unofficial U.S. college transcripts, or ACT/SAT/MCA score reports.
Documentation from an appropriate licensed medical practitioner or agency may be required before accommodations can be arranged. There is no fee for this service. Students who need testing accommodations must schedule testing arrangements with the Disability Services Coordinator. Please visit Disability Services for contact information.
- You must bring a Photo ID to your appointment
- If you've received an HTC Test Waiver Checklist, you may bring it with you
The testing office is located in Room H140 at both campuses.
If you can't make it to HTC to take the placement test, here are some other possible options:
- Find a local Community College willing to proctor the exam. Please contact the HTC Testing Center at either campus at 952-995-1300 or Testing@HennepinTech.edu one to two weeks in advance to set up testing with the local Community College. Proctor fees may apply, which is the responsibility of the student.
- Virtual proctoring with B Virtual. This requires a quiet, undisturbed testing environment, strong internet access and a webcam. Please contact the HTC Testing Center at either campus at 952-995-1300 or Testing@HennepinTech.edu to set up your B Virtual account. A $25.00 proctor fee applies, which is the responsibility of the student.
NOTE: With either of these options, we will set up a phone or Skype appointment for you with an HTC Advisor after testing has been completed.
Schedule Your ACCUPLACER Placement Test
Have you applied to Hennepin Technical College?
Last updated by mvang : 2017-08-24 11:51:24