FIRE SUPPRESSION TECHNICIAN
- Program: Fire Protection
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 16
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Fire Suppression Technician certificate will prepare the student to perform lead firefighter and apparatus operator functions. Students learn firefighter techniques, company functions, hazardous materials functions and emergency medical procedures. Team work is emphasized throughout the program. Student must be 18 years of age or meet the requirements for eligibility under Hennepin Technical College’s Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) standards.
This certificate completes the job entry requirements as a firefighter for most fire departments.
- Demonstrate full-range of fire fighter skills
- Perform the duties of an emergency medical responder
- Operate fire apparatus
- Demonstrate tactical firefighting skills
- Perform effective response to hazardous materials
- CCDS1020 Interviewing Skills 1