- Program: Fire Protection
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 13
Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate prepares firefighters to be able to perform the duties of a company officer. This will include the areas of basic management, tactics, inspection, fire investigation and incident management which meet the requirements of NFPA 1021. Prerequisite: Graduate of the Fire Suppression Certificate or equivalent.
Firefighters who complete this certificate are qualified to perform company officer duties.
- Demonstrate basic supervisory and management skills
- Identify effective managerial behavior
- Identify the components of the incident management system
- Demonstrate knowledge of fire ground strategy and tactics
- Perform the required duties of a fire company officer