- Program: Fire Protection
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 10
Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate prepares firefighters, building officials, building inspectors, insurance inspectors, electrical engineers and lawyers to be able to perform fire inspections and investigations. It meets the requirements of NFPA 102 and 1031.
Completion of this certificate qualifies firefighters, building officials, building inspectors, electrical engineers and lawyers to perform fire investigations and inspections.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fire protection systems
- Perform the duties of a fire inspector
- Identify effective investigative behavior
- Perform the duties of a fire investigator
- Demonstrate knowledge of buildings and fire codes
- Perform the skills of company officer