AUTOMATED MACHINERY SYSTEMS
- Program: Automation Robotics Engineering Technology
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 60
- Academic Planning Guide:
Successful completion of training in Automation Robotics Engineering Technology leads to excellent compensation in a high-demand field. Automation Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes (mind and hands) are applied to the designing, building, installing, and troubleshooting of high-tech, high-speed automated electro-mechanical machinery systems for Packaging and other manufacturing applications. Emphasized skills include problem-solving, repairing, fabricating, machining, and welding. Automated systems typically include Computers, Touch Screens, Quality Assurance, Vision Systems, Lasers, Robots, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), AC/DC/Servo/Stepper/VFD motor controls, hydraulic and pneumatic controls, Conveyors, Bar Code/SmartCard/RFID, Electrical systems, Electronic Circuits, and a wide variety of Sensors.
Automated packaging machine mechanics and technicians are in high demand; surveys indicate even a greater demand as technologies advance. Before reaching the consumer, almost every product is packaged and packed in several forms. Automation in the manufacturing industry is a high opportunity field. This is a Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI) approved program.
- Diagnose root problems impacting production flow.
- Solve root problems to maintain production flow.
- Perform basic electrical, electronic, welding, machining, laser, vision system, robotic, and fluid power operations.
- Apply electrical and mechanical machine control concepts.
- Use technical documents to assemble, install, troubleshoot, and repair automated packaging systems.
- Set up production lines.
- Utilize local area network for remote system control.
- Work effectively with a wide variety of packaging materials.
- Apply communication skills to interact with people in business and industry.
- Manage time and resources.
- Accept responsibility.
- Display a professional attitude.
- ARET1125 Power Transmission and Mechanical Systems 4
- ARET1130 Maintenance Operations 2
- ARET1140 Computer Integrated Manufacturing 3
- ARET1155 Automation Controls 3
- ARET1160 Packaging Machinery Systems 4
- ARET1165 Vision Systems for QA/SPC 3
- ARET1170 Troubleshooting Packaging Machinery 3
- ARET1175 Industrial Electricity and Electronics I 3
- ARET1180 Industrial Electricity and Electronics II 3
- ARET1185 Sensor Applications 2
- ARET1190 Programmable Logic Controllers 3
- ARET1200 Introduction to Robotics 2
- ARET2100 Advanced Automation Controls 4
- ARET2105 Fluid Power Motion Control 2
- ARET2110 Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers 4
- ARET2150 Engineering Design and Fabrication 2
- ARET2200 FANUC Robotics Operations 2
- ARET2250 FANUC Vision Systems 1
- Any HTC 1000 level
higher general education course may be used to satisfy the elective requirements.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses