- Program: Accounting Careers
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 31
- Academic Planning Guide:
The accounting technician is a key member in the accounting department who specializes in a certain area of preparing and maintaining the business records. You may be assigned to the accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll or other accounting areas. Skills in journaling and posting transactions, preparing financial reports or in the preparation of payroll records are necessary. Accounting technicians must be able to use computerized accounting software, spreadsheets, word processing and other data information software. Individuals entering this field must be team players who display a willingness to share their specialized knowledge with other accounting areas.
Accounting Technicians will find high employment demand in both the private and public sectors of business. Large organizations often seek accounting individuals to become specialists in their accounting department. This rapidly growing specialization trend focuses on employing highly trained accounting technicians who can deal with complex problems in their area of expertise.
- Analyze financial statements.
- Apply professional communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate mathematical skills essential to accounting.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Generate accounting financial statements.
- Record business transactions.
- Utilize current accounting and office software.
- Complete payroll activities.
- Any ACCT, BUSN -or- CCIS course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective.
- Any HTC college level general education course may be used to satisfy the elective requirement.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses