- Program: Medical Office Careers
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 20
- Academic Planning Guide:
The medical receptionist processes telephone calls, greets patients, schedules appointments, maintains patient file data, and may arrange for laboratory and diagnostic services. Accuracy, dependability and a courteous professional manner are essential. This career requires excellent communication skills and knowledge of patient confidentiality laws.
The medical receptionist will find job opportunities in a variety of health care settings.
- Utilize appropriate software.
- Apply medical terminology.
- Key business correspondence.
- Communicate proper English and grammar.
- Document telephone communication.
- Schedule appointments.
- Demonstrate accounting principles.
- Illustrate professional behavior.
- Interpret HIPAA regulations.
- Utilize electronic health record.
- Demonstrate insurance and billing procedures.
- Apply medical coding principles.
- COMM1050 Communication in the Workplace 2
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses