- Program: Landscape and Horticulture Careers
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 18
Academic Planning Guide:
This program of study leading to a certificate in landscape construction provides the student with specific courses, each focusing on an individual aspect of landscape construction. Included are decks, fences, retaining walls, patios, construction specifications, estimating and job planning. There is extensive lab time for field projects. Prerequisite: A minimum of one year experience in the landscape industry.
Completion of the construction certificate will lead directly to opportunities with landscape construction and design/building firms.
- Identify plants and recommended uses.
- Operate landscape equipment safely and efficiently.
- Use hand tools safely and efficiently.
- Interpret blueprints and landscape plans.
- Measure a residential property.
- Complete working drawings with details for a residential property.
- Create complete landscape plans using CAD software.
- Construct landscape elements from plans and detail drawings.
- Layout landscape plans in the field.
- Demonstrate presentation techniques for landscape plans.
- Calculate material quantities from plans.
- Determine and set grades and elevations in field.
- Communicate effectively with staff and clients.
- Analyze customer needs and recommend solutions.