- Program: Plastics Engineering Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 18
Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate is designed for individuals requiring skills and knowledge in the Extrusion Molding Processes I, II, related Quality Assurance/Statistical Process Control, properties and tests of selected plastics and thermoplastics used in the plastics (forming) industry will be emphasized.
This certificate is ideal for a new career or upgrading present knowledge and skills.
- Utilize safe working practices.
- Demonstrate good manufacturing practices.
- Perform quality control practices.
- Apply Principles of Plastics, Chemistry and Ingredients.
- Demonstrate procedures used for plastics Extrusion Molding processes.
- Demonstrate procedures used for plastics Extrusion Molding auxiliary equipment.
- Identify steps and procedures in the Extrusion Molding processes.