MARINE, MOTORSPORT AND OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
- Program: Marine, Motorsport and Outdoor Power Equipment Technology
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 64
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Marine, Motorsport and Outdoor Power Equipment Technology degree prepares the student in all areas of the Marine, Motor Sports and Power Equipment as a repair and service technician. A marine/motor sports technician will diagnose, evaluate, estimate repair costs and repair various types of marine, motorcycle, power equipment and small engines.
Marine, Motorsport and Outdoor Power Equipment Technicians find employment at marine, motorcycle or snowmobile dealerships, distributors and manufacturers. Technicians are also in demand at service repair shops and businesses that service and repair motorcycles, outboard and inboard boat motors and lawn and garden equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to measure engine parts.
- Employ skills and procedures to identify parts.
- Service fuel Systems.
- Service ignition systems.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Integrate technology into work processes such as scan tolls, service manuals online, etc.
- Employ safety standards.
- Service drive systems.
- Explain air and liquid cooling systems.
- Integrate customer service and communication skills into repair work.
- MMST1100 Introduction to Marine and Motorsport Technology 3
- MMST1105 Introduction to Engine Theory 3
- MMST1110 Introduction to Fuel Systems 3
- MMST1115 Introduction to Electrical Systems 3
- MMST1120 Introduction to Ignition Systems 3
- MMST1125 Service Management 3
- MMST1130 Introduction to Drive Systems 3
- MMST1145 Trailer Maintenance 3
- MMST2105 Motorcycle Transmissions and Clutch Service 3
- MMST2110 Motorcycle Wheels and Suspension 3
- MMST2126 Marine Lower Unit and Cooling System Service 3
- MMST2140 Marine Tilt/Trim and Controls 3
- MMST2175 Power Equipment Drive Systems 3
- MMST2180 Power Equipment Accessory Maintenance 3
- MMST2300 Advanced Fuel Systems 3
- MMST2305 Advanced Electrical Systems 3
- MMST2310 Engine Overhaul 3
- MMST2315 Tune Up 3
- CCDS1040 Job Seeking Skills 2
- Any HTC 1000 level
higher general education course may be used to satisfy the elective requirements.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses