- Program: Marine, Motorsport and Outdoor Power Equipment Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 30
- Academic Planning Guide:
Outboard Marine Technicians service, diagnose and repair outboard motors.
Outboard Marine Technicians find employment at marine dealerships, distributors and manufacturers. Technicians are also in demand at service repair shops and businesses.
- Perform quality checks on completed work.
- Service fuel Systems.
- Service ignition and electrical systems.
- Employ safety standards.
- Service drive systems.
- Integrate customer service and communication skills into repair work.
- MMST1100 Introduction to Marine and Motor Sports Technology 3
- MMST1105 Introduction to Engine Theory 3
- MMST1110 Introduction to Fuel Systems 3
- MMST1115 Introduction to Electrical Systems 3
- MMST1120 Introduction to Ignition Systems 3
- MMST1125 Service Management 3
- MMST1130 Introduction to Drive Systems 3
- MMST1145 Trailer Maintenance 3
- MMST2126 Marine Lower Unit and Cooling System Service 3
- MMST2140 Marine Tilt/Trim and Controls 3