AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY (FORD ASSET)
- Program: Ford Automotive Student Service Educational Training Program (ASSET)
- Degree: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Credits: Total Associate in Applied Science Degree Credits 96
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Ford Automotive Student Service Educational Training (ASSET) program is a factory authorized training program that is jointly sponsored by Ford Motor Company, Ford and Lincoln-Mercury Dealers, and Hennepin Technical College. It is designed to train automotive technicians to repair all the newer model Ford Motor Company vehicles. Students can only enter this program by special application and by the sponsorship of a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealership.
All students who successfully complete this program will be Ford certified in all STST specialty areas. They will be employed by Ford and/or Lincoln-Mercury dealers as dealership repair technicians. A large number of jobs exist for qualified automotive technicians in the metropolitan and rural communities. The potential to advance to service writer, service manager, sales positions, company representatives or other dealership management is excellent.
- Analyze customer concerns.
- Demonstrate safe service and repair procedures.
- Navigate electronic service information.
- Apply communication skills in the workplace.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethical and professional responsibilities in repair.
- Utilize electronic service equipment.
- Complete current Ford STST certifications.
- Evaluate systems components using precision measuring equipment.
- Identify problem-solving techniques used in Ford service repair.
- Apply principles of mechanical concepts.
- FMLR1200 Ford Electrical Systems 3
- FDAS1250 Ford Gasoline Engine Performance I 2
- FDAS1260 Ford Gasoline Engine Performance II 3
- FMLR1301 Related Mechanical Skills 2
- FDAS1420 Ford Driveline 3
- FDAS1500 Engine Repair 3
- FDAS1550 Engine Operation 2
- FMLR1601 Ford Suspension and Alignment 3
- FDAS1611 Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) 3
- FMLR1650 Ford Steering and Balance 2
- FDAS1701 Ford Climate Control 3
- FDAS1750 Ford Fuel Systems 2
- FMLR1810 Ford Dealership Internship I 6
- FMLR1820 Ford Dealership Internship II 6
- FDAS2030 Ford Dealership Internship III 6
- FDAS2040 Ford Dealership Internship IV 6
- FDAS2055 Ford Dealership Summer Internship I 4
- FDAS2060 Ford Dealership Summer Internship II 4
- FDAS2230 Ford Car Transmissions 3
- FDAS2240 Ford Truck Transmissions 3
- FDAS2502 Ford Advanced Engine Performance 3
- FDAS2552 Ford Diesel 4
- FMLR2600 Ford Braking Systems 3
- FDAS2650 Ford New Technology 2
- Hennepin Technical College’s 2000-level general education courses meet the guidelines of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).