FIRE PROTECTION TECHNICIAN
- Program: Fire Protection
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 48
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Fire Protection Technician diploma is designed to provide students with the skills necessary to progress in the fire service field. Fire suppression techniques and company officer training will be covered. Student must be 18 years of age or meet the requirements for eligibility under Hennepin Technical College’s Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) standards.
Students who complete this diploma will have the knowledge and skills necessary to serve as a lead firefighter, apparatus operator and line officer.
- Demonstrate full-range of fire fighter skills.
- Operate fire apparatus.
- Exhibit basic supervisory skills.
- Identify how fire affects construction systems of buildings.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- FRPT1060 Fire Department Occupational Health & Safety 2
- FRPT1100 Fire Fighter I 5
- FRPT1105 Fire Fighter II 2
- FRPT1110 Fire Instructor I 2
- FRPT1120 Fire Officer I 2
- FRPT1130 Fire Inspector I 2
- FRPT1136 Principles of Emergency Services 2
- FRPT1155 Fire Protection Systems 2
- FRPT1161 Building Construction for the Fire Service 3
- FRPT1165 Apparatus Operator 3
- FRPT1176 Hazardous Materials First Responder Operational 2
- FRPT2110 Strategy and Tactics 2
- EMSV1050 Emergency Medical Responder (First Responder) 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses