- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Credits: Total Associate in Applied Science Degree Credits 60
- Academic Planning Guide:
IT Support will train the student for employment providing service to computer users, including hardware and software installation and technical assistance. Coursework includes experiences and instruction in communication and problem-solving skills as well as technical training with hardware, software, operating systems, application software and network operations. IT Support will prepare the student to select, maintain, configure and oversee the installation of business-oriented computers and software. Students will also know how to train and support users to include skills to analyze problems and resolve recurring difficulties such as issues surrounding computer security in today's highly technological world. This person must be an excellent communicator and troubleshooter who can excel in fast paced environment.
Positions are available as IT Support Specialist, IT Trainer, IT Coordinator, Help Desk and Computer Lab Assistant.
- Compare decision making solutions.
- Understand changing role of IS Professionals.
- Describe issues surrounding computer security.
- Construct relational databases with an efficient design.
- Produce variety of business documents.
- Create dynamic presentations.
- Perform basic operating system functions.
- Apply basic networking functions.
- Administer a network operating system.
- Make decisions regarding project task management.
- Exhibit customer service skills.
- Demonstrate integration features of office suite.
- Utilize office suite personal information manager.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies.
- Provide critical-thinking solution strategies.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- CCIS1000 Information Systems 3
- CCIS1005 Computer Security Awareness 3
- CCIS1080 Microsoft Office Productivity Apps 1 3
- CCIS1090 Microsoft Office Productivity Apps 2 3
- CCIS1095 Microsoft Office 365 2
- CCIS1102 PC Operating Systems 3
- CCIS1105 Network Essentials 4
- CCIS1110 Windows Admin 1 3
- CCIS1121 Linux Admin 1 3
- CCIS2055 Project Management 3
- CCIS2065 Help Desk/User Support 3
- CCIS2090 Microsoft Office Integration 3
- CCIS2675 A+ Hardware Support 3
- CCIS2680 A+ Software Support 3
- CCIS2875 Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment 0
- Any CCIS Course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective. Recommended:
- CCIS1032 Access 2016 3
- CCIS1035 Word 2016 3
- CCIS1042 PowerPoint 2016 3
- CCIS1301 HTML & CSS 3
- CCIS1310 Publisher 2016 3
- CCIS1515 Programming Overview 3
- CCIS2122 Linux Admin 2 4
- CCIS2150 Windows Admin 2 4
- CCIS2385 IT Internship 2 to 8
- CCIS2685 A+ Exam Prep 1
- Hennepin Technical College’s 2000-level general education courses meet the guidelines of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses