GMAW PRODUCTION WELDER (MIG)
- Program: Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 16
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate will provide the student with entry-level skills and knowledge to perform as a gas metal arc welder (GMAW) with minimum supervision in all positions in the following areas: production manufacturing, pipe/tubing, food industry, areo space, and ornamental/sculpture, on ferrous and non ferrous metals. You can obtain entry-level employment by just taking a few courses that will lead towards a certificate in MIG or TIG welding. Taking additional courses will provide you with the opportunity for job advancement as a welder. Welding courses are also valuable for persons who have careers or interests that require some welding knowledge.
There are many employment opportunities available in the following areas: construction, machinery manufacturing, sheet metal industry, and custom job shop.
- Utilize safe working techniques and practices.
- Set-up welding and cutting equipment.
- Operate welding and cutting equipment.
- Produce welds with the Gas Metal Arc Welding Process in steel.
- Interpret blueprints and welding symbols.
- Preform basic lay-outs on various materials.
- Apply metallurgical principles to welding and fabrication processes.
- Determine the quality of welds.
- Identify steps and procedures in the Gas Metal Arc Welding process.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses