- Program: Engineering CAD Technology
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 17
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Pro/ENGINEER Operator Certificate is designed for people with a solid background in mechanical design and/or machining. The coursework is project based and emphasis will be placed on creating solid models, assemblies, and detail drawings. Prerequisite: Graduation from or concurrent enrollment in a 2-year Engineering CAD or machining program or a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
Most Pro/ENGINEER Operators work in the design or engineering departments of manufacturing facilities creating or changing parametric solid models, assemblies, and detail drawings according to an engineer`s specifications; however, career opportunities are not limited to engineering office jobs. Jobs in this field pay well but are difficult to obtain. Employers prefer students with machining and/or mechanical design experience.
- Capture design intent.
- Create solid models.
- Generate drawings from solid models and assemblies.
- Apply tolerances to drawings.
- Utilize Pro/ENGINEER software interface.
- ENGC1011 Engineering Drawing 3
- ENGC1041 Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing 3
- ENGC1050 Additive Manufacturing 3
- ENGC1100 AutoCAD 4
- ENGC1160 Inventor 4
- ENGC1201 Industrial CAD Project 3
- ENGC1250 SolidWorks I 4
- ENGC1255 SolidWorks II 4
- ENGC1900 Specialized Lab 1 to 4
- ENGC2000 Mechanical Design 4
- MACH2410 CAD/CAM 3
- METS1000 Computers in Manufacturing 3
- METS1020 Industrial Manufacturing Processes 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses