CUSTOM FABRICATION AND FINISHING
- Program: Auto Body Collision Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 19
Academic Planning Guide:
Auto Body Repair and Refinishing Technicians repair vehicles that are damaged as a result of corrosion and wear. They provide customers with cost estimates for repair, replace or repair body parts and paint vehicles using various materials, equipment and methods.
The student will have the ability to learn how to restore older model vehicles.
- Perform proper replacement techniques on structural parts.
- Solve paint application problems.
- Apply primer surfacer to paint company and industry standards.
- Body fill a one hour dent to industry standards.
- Execute MIG welding metal procedures according to I-CAR standards.
- Demonstrate metal cutting using an oxy/act torch.