- Program: Culinary Arts
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 16
- Academic Planning Guide:
Completion of this certificate will prepare students who are primarily interested in immediate entry-level employment in the foodservice industry. Areas of study will include, but are not limited to: foodservice related mathematics, weights and measures, use of knives and foodservice equipment, product identification, basic baking techniques, product fabricating, preparations of stocks, sauces and soups and fundamental cooking methods and techniques.
Career opportunities exist in a variety of food service operations such as health care and family style restaurants. Depending on your skill level and knowledge, you may seek employment as a line cook, cooks` helper, baker and/or pastry chefs` assistant, pantry worker, and fry or vegetable cook. Completion of this certificate will provide you with a solid, although limited, foundation on which to build your culinary career.
- Prepare high quality food in a cost effective manner
- Apply mathematical skills essential to the food service industry
- Create a professional career plan