CNC MACHINING FOR WOOD AND PLASTICS
- Program: Woodworking Technology
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 13
- Academic Planning Guide:
The CNC Machining for Wood and Plastics certificate is offered at Hennepin Technical College`s Brooklyn Park Campus. The certificate focuses on training individuals in the operation of numerical controlled equipment used for machining wood, plastic and related material. Participants will refine skills in creating geometry for component parts using AutoCAD. Manual numerical code generation will be taught to reinforce machine manipulation and program knowledge. Computer Aided Machining (CAM) numerical code generation will be accomplished using Router-CIM software. Basic fixturing, controller manipulation, maintenance, tooling and hands-on part manufacturing will be accomplished using KOMO 408 CNC router.
This certificate program prepares individuals to enter the wood and plastics CNC machining industry. The student will gain experience preparing parts drawings, generating machine code and operating a CNC router. This training may lead to entry-level employment in this very exciting and challenging field.
- Exhibit safety on CNC machinery.
- Draw using a CAD program.
- Assign tooling using CAM programs.
- Set up CNC machines.
- Operate CNC machines.
- Manufacture parts using CNC machines.
- Troubleshoot the manufacturing process of a part.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses