MICROSOFT DATABASE SPECIALIST
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 23
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate is designed for computer professionals to learn the fundamentals of database application development and database administration in a Microsoft environment. Prerequisite: Strong foundation in computer concepts or coursework required. Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading ability, and proficiency in algebra. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Positions are available as Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrators and Microsoft Application Developers.
- Modify databases.
- Test programs and make modifications.
- Coordinate security measures to safeguard information.
- Calculate values for database parameters.
- Create user access levels.
- Develop data model describing data elements.
- Revise data definitions as defined in data dictionary.