- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 20
- Academic Planning Guide:
After successful completion of this award, students will be prepared to support and manage computer networks. Students will gain an understanding of the skills required to install, operate and troubleshoot network environments. Network fundamentals, LAN switching technologies, IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols, WAN technologies, infrastructure services, infrastructure security, and infrastructure management will be explored through hands-on equipment and virtual environments. The curriculum in this award is aligned with the globally recognized CompTIA Network+ certification, the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification, and the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification. These industry certifications validate an IT networking professional’s knowledge and skill ability and open doors to beginning or advancing a career in networking.
Positions are available as Network Technicians, Network Administrators, Network Analysts, and Network Engineers.
- Describe how a network works.
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services.
- Configure VLANS and interswitch communications.
- Configure basic and intermediate router operations.
- Implement WAN links.
- Troubleshoot network malfunctions.
- Explain the function of QoS.
- Monitor network performance.
- Discuss current hardware and software trends impacting modern networks
- CCIS1105 Network Essentials 4
- CCIS1421 CCNA 2: Basic Router and Switch Configuration 4
- CCIS1431 CCNA 3: Intermediate Router and Switch Configuration 4
- CCIS1443 CCNA 4: WANs, VPNs, and Enterprise Networks 4
- CCIS1480 CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Exam Prep 1
- CCIS1490 CCNA Specialty Fields 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses