- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 19
- Academic Planning Guide:
The coursework required for this certificate will prepare students to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) exam. Students will learn to design, build, and maintain computer networks. Prerequisite: Strong foundation in computer concepts or coursework required. Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading ability, and proficiency in algebra. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Positions are available as Network Administrators, Network Analysts, and Network Engineers.
- Describe how a network works.
- Configure VLANS and interswitch communications.
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services.
- Configure basic router operations.
- Explain appropriate administrative tasks required for a wireless LAN.
- Identify methods to mitigate security threats.
- Implement NAT and Access Lists.
- Implement WAN links.
- Troubleshoot network malfunctions.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses