WORKPLACE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 22
- Academic Planning Guide:
The workplace administrative assistant is a valuable member of the office team who is responsible for a variety of activities that support the day-to-day office operations. Workplace administrative assistants will use current software applications in preparing business documents. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. CPLT1000 or 20 net words a minute on keyboarding assessment test. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Employment may be found with banks, insurance companies, health care facilities, government agencies, educational institutions, retail industries and various service and manufacturing businesses.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit organizational skills.
- Exhibit detail-oriented skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demon. prof. in word pro., spreadsht., datab. & present. softw.
- Key at a minimum rate of 35 net words per minute.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic computer operations.
- ACCT1000 Introduction to Accounting 3
- ACCT1125 Excel 3
- Word 2013 3
- CCIS1080 Microsoft Office 2013 3
- COMM1050 Communication in the Workplace 2
- ENGL2001 Workplace Correspondence 2
- CPLT1005 Skill Building and Document Processing 3
- ENGL1010 Business English 3
- MATH1007 Math for the Trades 2
- MATH1050 Math Pathways Plus for College and Careers 4
- MATH1060 Math Pathways for College and Careers 3