WORKPLACE ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 34
- Academic Planning Guide:
The workplace administrative professional is a key member of the office team. This individual will use current software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and business presentations. As a workplace administrative professional, you may have the opportunity to serve as a communications link to the technology staff. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to assume additional responsibility are essential. Upon completing the diploma program, students will have the knowledge to undertake a variety of tasks and responsibilities within a professional office environment. Prerequisite: CPLT1000 Computer Keyboarding or comparable course. Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Positions are available as office managers and assistants. Employment may be found with banks, insurance companies, health care facilities, government agencies, educational institutions, retail industries and various service and manufacturing businesses.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit organizational skills.
- Exhibit detail-oriented skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demon. prof. in word pro., spreadsheet., database. & present. software.
- Key at a minimum rate of 35 net words per minute.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic computer operations.