GRAPHIC DESIGN: WEB DESIGN
- Program: Graphic Design
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 64
- Academic Planning Guide:
This diploma is designed for individuals who wish to be involved in the design and implementation of web sites. Students will learn user interactivity and basic fundamentals of optimum Internet usage. These concepts are critical to the conception and design of a web site. The navigation, functionality, file size, image generation, and unity of design are stressed. Each student will design and develop a web portfolio or work as an intern in the industry as a requirement for graduation. There is an opportunity in this diploma to take electives in Computer Careers or Creative Graphic Design to enhance student skills. Prerequisites: Testing score equivalent or CPLT1100 Essential Computer Applications, CPLT1200 Introduction to Macintosh.
Graphic design is an ever-changing and evolving professional career with many occupational categories and opportunities. One might find employment in a production environment, customer service, customer support, sales, creative production, consulting or training. Occupational titles include but are not limited to creative designer, graphic designer, print production artist, web designer, web producer, web developer, production artist, advertising artist, art typographer. Common working environments might include design or production, in a corporation, agency, advertising or marketing setting, printing company, or graphics service bureau.
- Utilize the elements and principles of design.
- Integrate the use of web technologies and design.
- Develop solutions that meet clients needs.
- Exhibit proficient use of technology workflow.
- Produce web sites that meet the industry standards for usability.
- Demonstrate use of programming language(s) into web site design.
- Demonstrate the roles and functions of working on a team.
- Develop a creative portfolio of work that demonstrates skills as a designer and visual communicator.
- MGDP1205 Fundamentals of Graphic Design 3
- MGDP1210 Graphic Design Essentials 3
- MGDP1220 Concepts in Creativity 3
- MGDP1230 Photoshop 3
- MGDP1240 Illustrator 3
- MGDP1250 Web Design & Development I 3
- MGDP1360 Acrobat 2
- MGDP2010 Applied Graphic Design 3
- MGDP2050 Web Design & Development II 3
- MGDP2060 Web Design & Development III 3
- MGDP2100 Web Design/Production 3
- MGDP2200 Design Portfolio 3
- MMVP1500 Concepts of Interactive Media 3
- MMVP1570 Introduction to Programming for Designers 3
- MMVP1580 Animation 3
- Any ARSP, CCIS, MGDP, -or- MMVP course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective. Recommended:
- MGDP2215 Graphic Design Internship 1 to 12
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses