PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN FOR DIGITAL PUBLISHING
- Program: Graphic Design
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 29
- Academic Planning Guide:
Ever wonder how to produce a printed flyer, brochure, business card, letterhead or book? This certificate is designed for someone employed or self-employed in the publishing industry. The certificate is for the person who is a writer or works on the fringe of the printing and publishing industry and wants to acquire the skills necessary to produce their own printed materials. Prerequisites: Testing score equivalent or CPLT1100 Essential Computer Applications, CPLT1200 Introduction to Macintosh.
Graphic design is an ever-changing and evolving professional career with many occupational categories and opportunities. One might find employment in a production environment, customer service, customer support, sales, creative production, consulting or training. Occupational titles include but are not limited to creative designer, graphic designer, print production artist, web designer, web producer, web developer, production artist, advertising artist, art typographer. Common working environments might include design or production, in a corporation, agency, advertising or marketing setting, printing company, or graphics service bureau.
- Utilize the elements and principles of design.
- Integrate the use of industry standard technology and design.
- Exhibit use of technology workflow.
- Perform troubleshooting strategies.
- Produce clean proofs and prints for press-ready documents.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses