HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY
- Program: Environmental Health and Safety
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 10
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate is designed to develop basic applied skills required for management of hazardous materials and wastes in the industrial environment. This program is designed to develop minimum entry-level skills and knowledge for individuals working with these materials.
Hazardous Materials Technology graduates find employment in the areas of emergency response and hazardous materials/waste management.
- Select safe work practices.
- Recognize compliance with relevant regulations.
- Compare technical and procedural information.
- Categorize chemical/physical properties.
- Resolve unanticipated or changing conditions.
- Resolve hazardous materials release.
- Utilize response principles.
- Select personal protective equipment.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses