BASIC WEB TECHNOLOGIES
- Program: Graphic Design
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 30
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate is designed for the student as an overview of Web Technologies. The coursework is designed to meet the needs of personnel already employed in a related industry who wish to enhance their skills for job advancement, change, or comprehension. Students will complete introductory-level coursework and obtain the skills necessary for them to understand the technologies related to web design and development. Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading and communication ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before being admitted.
Web Design and Programming is an ever-changing and evolving professional career with many occupational categories and opportunities. One might find employment in a production environment, web development, web programming, customer service, customer support, sales, creative production, consulting or training.
- Utilize the elements and principles of design.
- Integrate the use of web technologies and design.
- Exhibit proficient use of technology workflow.
- Produce web sites that meet the industry standards for usability.
- Demonstrate use of programming language(s).
- Demonstrate the roles and functions of working on a team.
- MGDP1205 Fundamentals of Graphic Design 3
- MGDP1210 Graphic Design Essentials 3
- MGDP1250 Web Design & Development I 3
- MGDP2050 Web Design & Development II 3
- MGDP2100 Web Design/Production 3
- MMVP1500 Concepts of Interactive Media 3
- MMVP1570 Introduction to Programming for Designers 3
- MMVP1580 Animation 3
- Any ARSP, CCIS, MGDP, -or- MMVP course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective. Recommended:
- MGDP2215 Graphic Design Internship 1 to 12
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses