COMPUTER SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 25
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Computer Service Desk Technician is responsible for taking calls, troubleshooting, tracking and resolving issues for customers. This person must be an excellent communicator and troubleshooter who can excel in a fast paced environment. This certificate is designed for the individual seeking a position in the computer service desk environment. Students gain the skills necessary to operate, configure, and troubleshoot. Students are also introduced to the concepts and practices required of an entry-level technology professional in an effort to prepare them to become service providers. Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading and communication ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Positions are available as a Computer Service Desk Technician, Computer System Specialist, and PC Technician.
- Demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and databases.
- Perform operating systems functions.
- Utilize internet resources.
- Apply basic networking functions.
- Exhibit cooperative and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses