IT SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 23
- Academic Planning Guide:
The IT Service Desk Technician is responsible for taking calls, troubleshooting, tracking and resolving issues for customers. This person must be an excellent communicator and troubleshooter who can excel in a fast paced environment. This certificate is designed for the individual seeking a position in the computer service desk environment. Students gain the skills necessary to operate, configure, and troubleshoot including an awareness of issues surrounding computer security in today's highly technological world. Students are also introduced to the concepts and practices required of an entry-level technology professional in an effort to prepare them to become service providers.Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading and communication ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Positions are available as an IT Service Desk Technician, IT System Specialist, and PC Technician.
- Understand changing role of IS Professionals.
- Describe issues surrounding computer security.
- Provide solutions using office suite.
- Perform basic operating system functions.
- Exhibit customer service skills.
- Utilize office suite personal information manager.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies.
- Provide critical-thinking solution strategies.
- Differentiate desktop vs. cloud apps.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses