- Program: Business
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 22
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate will provide skill development and training in areas such as business, management and entrepreneurship. To be successful in this area, a person must have special personal qualities including the ability to work well with others, the desire to be a part of a team, decision-making, and good oral and written communication skills. Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
This occupational area complements any other certificate, diploma or degree. Someone with this certificate will work within banks, insurance companies, health care facilities, government agencies, educational institutions, retail industries, and various service and manufacturing businesses.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills in business communications.
- Practice effective supervision techniques.
- Solve business problems using fundamental business concepts.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses