MARKETING AND SALES
- Program: Business
- Degree: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Credits: Total Associate in Applied Science Degree Credits 60
- Academic Planning Guide:
Professionals in marketing and sales are directly involved with helping businesses expand and grow revenue. Marketing covers a broad spectrum of roles including (but not limited to) advertising, promotion, public relations, sales, branding, creative design, research, analysis and consulting. Since every business must engage in some form of marketing, career opportunities are plentiful. The successful marketing and sales professional is an effective communicator, thinks creatively, values teamwork and focuses on the needs of the customer to find the best solutions. In addition, graduates must develop the following skills: critical thinking, decision-making, problem solving, negotiation, plus excellent oral and written communication.
This occupational area includes the following career titles: Marketing Specialist, Marketing Associate, Account Manager, Sales Professional, Marketing Assistant, Brand Manager, Customer Service Representative, Account Specialist, Client Relations Specialist, Sales Manager, Sales Support Specialist. Marketing and sales professionals work with virtually every industry in the American economy including healthcare, finance, real estate, insurance, manufacturing, construction, automotive and retail industries.
- Develop marketing strategies based on product, price, promotion and place objectives.
- Solve marketing and sales problems using critical thinking and decision making techniques.
- Apply strategic marketing concepts to develop and implement a marketing plan.
- Demonstrate the steps of an interactive sales process.
- Collect and analyze consumer data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills.
- Apply CRM in the concept of account management.
- Utilize financial concepts in analysis of business problems.
- BUSN1000 Introduction to Business 3
- BUSN1020 Introduction to Selling 3
- BUSN1030 Professional Development 3
- BUSN1041 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) 3
- BUSN1060 Territory/Account Management 3
- BUSN1091 Consultative Selling 3
- BUSN1150 Introduction to Service and Work Team Strategies 3
- BUSN1200 Managerial Communication 3
- BUSN2005 Marketing Concepts and Strategies 4
- BUSN2015 Marketing Applications 3
- BUSN2055 Principles of Management 4
- BUSN2075 Digital Marketing 3
- BUSN2170 Supervised Occupational Experience 4
- CCIS1080 Microsoft Office Productivity Apps 1 3
- COMM2130 Public Speaking 3
- ENGL2121 Writing and Research 4
- ENGL2125 Technical Writing 3
- PHIL2100 Critical Thinking 3
- Choose any course from Goal 4 (Mathematical/Logical Reasoning) of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum 3
- Choose one of the following:
Any course from Goal 5 (History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences)
Goal 9 (Ethics and Civic Responsibility) of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses