- Program: Engineering CAD Technology
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 17
- Academic Planning Guide:
The SolidWorks Operator Certificate is designed for the person already trained or experienced in a technical field who possesses a solid background in mechanical design and/or machining. The coursework is project based and emphasis will be placed on creating solid models, assemblies, and detail drawings using SolidWorks. Elective courses can be selected to best suit each students special needs and interests. Prerequisite: Graduation from or concurrent enrollment in a 2-year Engineering CAD or machining program or a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
A person with industry experience or a graduate from the Engineering CAD Technology program could use the SolidWorks Operator Certificate to find a career in mechanical drafting or mechanical design using SolidWorks. Workers in those careers prepare detailed working diagrams of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
- Capture design intent.
- Create solid models.
- Generate drawings from solid models and assemblies.
- Apply tolerances to drawings.
- Utilize SolidWorks software interface.
- ENGC1011 Engineering Drawing 3
- ENGC1041 Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing 3
- ENGC1050 Additive Manufacturing 3
- ENGC1100 AutoCAD 4
- ENGC1160 Inventor 4
- ENGC1201 Industrial CAD Project 3
- ENGC1900 Specialized Lab 1 to 4
- ENGC2000 Mechanical Design 4
- ENGC2100 Basic Creo Parametric (Pro/ENGINEER) 4
- ENGC2110 Advanced Creo Parametric (Pro/ENGINEER) 4
- MACH2410 CAD/CAM 3
- METS1000 Computers in Manufacturing 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses