PROFESSIONAL SALES (BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS)
- Program: Business
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 22
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate allows the technical person to add knowledge and skills in sales and marketing for career advancement or change. Emphases are on understanding buyers’ needs and promoting solutions through products and services. Students will learn about account management and territory management.
This occupational area includes the following career titles: Sales Representative, Account Manager, Marketing Representative, Customer Sales Representative, Account Specialist, Client Relation Specialist, Sales Manager, Sales Support Specialist and Customer Solution Specialist. Professional Sales Representatives work with virtually every industry in the American economy: finance, real estate, insurance, health-care, manufacturing, construction, automotive and retail industries.
- Solve sales problems using critical thinking and decision making techniques.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills.
- Practice professional and ethical behavior.
- Apply marketing concepts and strategies to sales decision making.
- Demonstrate the steps of the sales process.
- Manage Sales accounts and territories using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.