CULINARY GOURMET TECHNICIAN
- Program: Culinary Arts
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 16
Academic Planning Guide:
The Culinary Certificate is a hands-on focused award that builds on the culinary fundamentals skills learned in 1st semester. Giving students an opportunity to apply those basic skills, in the campus restaurant where students have an opportunity to plan, organize, prepare and serve their menus to the public. Prerequisite: Completion of the Culinary Assistant Certificate or completion of the 1st semester of the Culinary Arts A.A.S. degree or Diploma.
Career opportunities exist in a variety of food service operations such as health care and family style restaurants. Depending on your skill level and knowledge, you may seek employment as a line cook, cooks’ helper, baker and/or pastry chefs’ assistant, pantry worker, and fry or vegetable cook. Completion of this certificate will provide you with a solid, although limited, foundation on which to build your culinary career.
- Prepare high quality food in a cost effective manner
- Execute a variety of menus
- Demonstrate the ability to plan a variety of menus
- Apply mathematical skills essential to the food service industry
- Create a professional career plan
- Perform the duties of operational personnel in food service industry