PROFESSIONAL PORTRAIT AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
- Program: Professional Photography
- Degree: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Credits: Total Associate in Applied Science Degree Credits 60
Academic Planning Guide:
The Professional Portrait & Wedding Photography Associate in Applied Science Degree is an in-depth Photography Program. The curriculum for the Professional Portrait & Wedding Photography degree is designed to develop the aspiring photographer`s shooting skills, with emphasis on building technical abilities as well as the liberal education studies. Persistence and motivation are keys to securing employment and advancement.
The courses of study in the Professional Portrait & Wedding Photography degree are designed to train the graduate for an entry-level position as a well-rounded professional photographer with the ability to think through and solve the many technical and esthetic problems associated with this very conceptual and inventive career field. As a photographer`s assistant or photographer, job opportunities exist in privately owned studios or as a self-employed small business owner.
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior.
- Produce a photographic portfolio.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Think critically in solving problems.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the use of professional photographic equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of photographic software programs.
- Utilize photographic light modifying devices.
- Demonstrate photographic workflow proficiency.
- Create highest quality photographic images.
- Develop a personal photographic style.
- Understand role and function as part of a creative team.
- PRPO1012 Introduction to Professional Photography 3
- PRPO1051 Ambient Lighting Controls 3
- PRPO1071 Photographic Design 2
- PRPO1170 Photographer`s Assistant 3
- PRPO1242 Portraiture I 3
- PRPO1290 Location Flash Photography 3
- PRPO1400 Digital Darkroom I 3
- PRPO1800 Digital Darkroom II 3
- PRPO2100 Digital Darkroom III 3
- PRPO2402 Portraiture II 3
- PRPO2410 Business of Photography 2
- PRPO2460 Wedding Photography 3
- PRPO2530 Portraiture III 3
- PRPO2580 Professional Photography Internship I 2
- PRPO2822 Professional Photography Portfolio 3
- Any PRPO course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective.
- Hennepin Technical College’s 2000-level general education courses meet the guidelines of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).