- Program: Pharmacy Technology
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 37
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Pharmacy Technician Diploma program prepares graduates for entry level careers working under the direction of Registered Pharmacists in retail, clinic, and hospital inpatient settings. The pharmacy technician provides an integral role in assisting pharmacists with prescription processing. The pharmacy technician complies with standard written procedures and guidelines under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. Pharmacy technicians assist the pharmacist with medication preparation, administrative duties, and provide front line customer service in the pharmacy setting. The program prepares graduates for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam which is necessary for certification. Prerequisite: Qualifying score on reading, writing, math and computer literacy assessment tests.
Pharmacy Technicians work in retail, clinic, online, and hospital pharmacies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all policies and procedures that govern pharmacy technicians.
- Perform duties as a pharmacy technician in the retail, industry and hospital environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and interpret pharmacy orders accurately.
- Exhibit work ethic characteristics of professionalism, responsibility and dependability.
- Apply knowledge of basic sciences to the practice of pharmacy technology.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with patients, health care providers and colleagues.
- PHRM1000 Medical and Pharmacy Terminology 2
- PHRM1010 Pharmacy Law and Ethics 2
- PHRM1020 Pharmaceutical Calculations 2
- PHRM1040 Principles of Pharmacy Practice I 4
- PHRM1055 Pharmacology and Epidemiology of Disease Processes 5
- PHRM1060 Principles of Pharmacy Practice II 5
- PHRM1080 Pharmacy Technician Externship I 3
- PHRM1090 Pharmacy Technician Externship II 3
- PHRM1100 Chemistry for Pharmacy Technicians 4
- BIOL2045 Human Biology 4
- HLTH1010 Anatomy and Physiology 4
- COMM2050 Interpersonal Communication 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses