WOOD PRODUCT ENGINEERING
- Program: Woodworking Technology
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 19
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate focuses on the layout, design and product development needs for creating manufacturing solutions for the construction of cabinetry, store fixtures, displays and architectural woodworking details. Participants will use the latest in industry software to produce effective drawings, cut lists, and automated machining data for the accurate manipulation of wood materials in the production and assembly of components for the wood product industry. Prerequisite: Completion of Cabinetmaking AAS degree or Diploma or two years related experience in the woodworking industry.
Individuals completing this certificate would be seeking employment in areas of a project management position. This person would be responsible for the product development and production of woodworking products in residential cabinet shops, store fixtures, architectural millwork and trade show companies.
- Develop sales and engineering drawings
- Develop efficient product engineering processes
- Manage material optimization processes
- Develop precise component lists
- Develop automated component processes
- Use software effectively for product development